- Don't be afraid of alcohol There is very little you need to know about perfumers alcohol and the right alcohol is available from multiple sources
- Why bother with perfume? (Hint: you can't get away from it!)Scent communicates faster than lightening and perfume is pure scent... with a message behind it – it surrounds you, it envelopes you, you can't get away from it – its power is like nothing else!
- When does it make sense to invest in a perfume? The thought of marketing your own perfume and making a pot of money from your efforts is tantalizing, but when should you do it? When is the time right? There are times when it makes no sense at all to put your money into a fragrance... and times when "you'd be a fool not to do it." Here are some guidelines that can help you spot golden opportunities and avoid costly errors.
- When does it make sense to invest in a perfume? Finding the right scale – Consider the sales potential in any market you plan to exploit. A market that might produce 1,500 very profitable sales, if you can produce just 1,500 bottles, will not look so good if vendors or investors are pushing you to produce 5,000 or more.
- When does it make sense to invest in a perfume? Distribution – Textbook solutions rarely work for the small, independent perfume entrepreneur. You'll need to use some imagination. Let's look at your situation.
- When does it make sense to invest in a perfume? Promotion – There is no magic to to selling perfume. Enthusiasm is more powerful than truth or fiction. Buying a fragrance is an emotional decision. To make sales, the emotions must be stirred. Logic won't do it.
- When does it makes sense to invest in a perfume? When you can produce your perfume at the lowest practical cost – It is essential to determine what a bottle of your perfume will cost you to produce before you go ahead. Be sure that the numbers work and that when you produce your fragrance you will have the margin you need to make a healthy profit.
- Perfume Making Instructions: Making Your Own Perfume For Pleasure or For Profit How to make your own perfume, starting from the beginning with no experience and no (purchased) materials. This is the first article in a series intended to take a person through the fundamentals of perfume making, from the simplest steps (described in this article) on to more sophisticated methods, and finally to professional methods used to create commercial perfumes.
- Making Indian Attars The technology used to make attars is similar to that used to make essential oils through distillation, but the art of making an attar perfume is quite different than Western methods of perfume creation.
- Perfume Making Instructions: Extracting Essential Oils Through Distillation Since the early 19th century, this method of extracting essential oils has been continuously perfected until, today, it can produce 'perfume grade' essential oils of exceptionally good quality.
- Perfume Making Instructions: Voyage of Discovery Discover fragrances you can extract from natural materials with heat.
- How To Write Your Most Important Business Plan Ever The most important business plan you will ever write will be for your own business. Here's how to prepare a simple but effective plan. It could be your ticket to success.
- Funding Your New Perfume You can't make perfume without money. In some instances you may be able to sell your perfume without money but, to make perfume, you will always need money. The question is where will you get it?
- Developing A Hook Guaranteed To Sell Your Perfume :: Part I Successful sales of your perfume will depend neither on the scent nor the packaging. To succeed you must have a very strong hook.
- Developing A Hook Guaranteed To Sell Your Perfume :: Part II More examples of strong hooks, presented to help you understand the "hook" concept when developing a marketing plan for your own perfume.
- Here's a deal you can put together to sell your perfume on the web A practical strategy for making use of the power of social media ... when you don't have a following of your own.
- Planning A New Perfume
- Do You Have Enough Money To Sell Your Own Perfume?
- How To Present Your Home Made Perfume In A Package That Will Boost Sales Dramatically
- This is the ONLY way to sell your own perfume successfully — I dare you to prove me wrong!
- Producing Agarwood Oil In Thailand Agarwood Oil production through the use of nursery grown agarwood trees and artificial methods of infecting them.
- Turning homemade perfume into a commercial product You've been making your own signature perfumes from essential oils, you've produced a perfume everyone likes, friends tell you you should sell it ... but you can't make more of it if you didn't write down the formula.
- Four ways to create your own perfume oil The perfume oil is what gives the scent ... there are four ways you can get your own.
- Using YouTube to build website traffic: the 2 essential requirements The only way YouTube can help you build website traffic is when your video is thematically joined at the hip with your website and your video, all by itself, can attract viewers ... and you really need to show something visually. (Added: 07/22/2017)
- Making Candles Just For Fun A walk through a simple candle making project using ""dirty"" beeswax and improvised equipment.
- Using Perfume Test Blotters To Analyze A Fragrance Techniques for using perfume test blotters to analyze fragrances are discussed.
- Build Your Own Holder for Perfume Smelling Strips Instructions for constructing a simple holder for perfume test blotters out of easily available materials with minimal tools.
- 830 Names for Perfume As generated by a computer. Be careful before you try to use one of them!.
- Fragrance Industry Associations
- Favorite Fragrance-Related Blogs
- Perfume & Bottle Museums
- Resources for Perfume Bottle Collectors
- Trade Media
Homemade perfumes generally lack commercial value, regardless of how wonderful they may be, because their creators fail to record how their perfumes were made. To profit from a perfume, to sell it, to sell the rights to it, or have somebody sell it for you, you must be able to make more of it. To make more you need the formula, the record of how the perfume was made: what materials were used and how much of each material was used. While the formula is nothing more than a recipe, a simple piece of paper, it is the key to unlocking your perfume's commercial potential. With the formula in your hand you have the ability to make a few dozen bottles more or, like the celebrities, tens of thousands of bottles. How to create an international production formula for your homemade perfume is a guide to getting you started on the right foot, correctly documenting everything you do as you are doing it, and then using these notes with some basic mathematics to write a simple, accurate, universal formula for your perfume. Writing formulas for your perfumes can change the way you think about them. With your formulas in hand your creations are no longer "here today, gone tomorrow." Now, thanks to your library of formulas, your perfumes become immortal!
While much is written about perfume – the beautiful fragrances... the beautiful bottles – little is available on the "mechanics" of perfume production – the steps that take place on the "factory floor" where a beautiful vision is turned into a finished product, a "ready to sell" perfume. Now you can experience all of these steps, hands on, by making just one quart of your own perfume. If you follow each chapter and do what you are instructed to do, you will end up with from 8 to 64 bottles of your own perfume, depending on the capacity of the bottles you select. Along this "insiders journey," each step is profusely illustrated with professional color photographs and you'll learn — • Exactly what alcohol you'll need and where to get it • Why you'll want (just a little!) water in your perfume • What type bottles you'll need and why you cannot use others • Why you will use a spray and not a cap • How to fill and seal your bottles • How to label your bottles with the correct information so they will be legal for sale • How to select a name for your perfume that will allow you to acquire powerful trademark rights free. If you are a developer of scents you are encouraged to use one of your own for this project. If you are not a scent creator yourself you'll learn how to get a fragrance oil that is exactly right for this project. Online sources are given for all required supplies and materials. Nothing can hold you back from starting your project immediately!
Perfume is famous for the markup it can achieve, even for a middle market fragrance. While "everybody knows" that perfume costs next to nothing to make (not completely true) the making of it is often considered an esoteric secret. "Creating Your Own Perfume With A 1700 Percent Markup!" details how a 3-person company with no experience created their own fragrance in response to a marketing opportunity that was too good to pass up. The book explains exactly what was done to create a fragrance for that opportunity but it is far more than a history of the author's project. "Creating Your Own Perfume With A 1700 Percent Markup!" lays out every step in the process of creating your own perfume, either as a do-it-yourself project – and without the benefit of automated equipment some compromises and workarounds are required – or full bore professional production under your supervision. Either way you will be producing a quality fragrance at a remarkably low cost. Do you have a marketing opportunity that would be wildly profitable if only you could obtain your fragrance at a ridiculously low cost? "Creating Your Own Perfume With A 1700 Percent Markup!" is the guide you need to do it.
A really great name, a special name that is just right for a particular perfume or perfume marketer (or entrepreneur with money to invest!) can be worth a ton of money. But few individuals with great ideas ever manage to cash in on those brilliant ideas. Instead they wait while others "discover" their idea, acquire legal rights to it and make all the money while they are left out in the cold without a penny having been earned for what was once THEIR idea.
If you are struggling to name your perfume and are looking for a name that will have real value, "Naming Your Perfume And Protecting Your Name" will help you weed out low value names and point you to names that have better marketing value plus the potential to become valuable assets in themselves.
If you have a great name you want to protect but no fragrance, "Naming Your Perfume And Protecting Your Name" will guide you through the simple steps you must take to acquire a legal right to that name before someone else grabs it! Best of all, "Naming Your Perfume And Protecting Your Name" shows you how to gain strong legal protection for your name without a lawyer and without spending more than pocket change.
Never had an idea for a product name? Never thought much about perfume? "Naming Your Perfume And Protecting Your Name" may stimulate your interest in a whole new game that, when played well, can make you lots of money without your having to leave the comfort of your home office.
You can build a perfume business of your own using this business plan as a guide. By following its detailed strategy you learn to identify motivated groups of potential perfume buyers. Members of these groups are near the tipping point of desire for a new perfume. You don't know these people and they don't know you but you know a marketer they trust, one who does not currently sell perfume and might never think of selling perfume were it not for your approach. Here is where you step in with a professional plan, promotion, and perfume to take advantage of this ripe opportunity for mutual profit. Before your first promotion has peaked, you will already be developing a relationship with your next marketing partner. Following this plan, you will gain more and more profit with each new marketing partnership.
Now when you make your own perfume you can make it fully "commercial" meaning you will be creating a product ready for regular, continuous sales to friends, relatives, and the public! If the fragrance you've made has already won praise, why not share it with others? Some might pay you for it and want it for their web stores or retail boutiques! Creating your own perfume from dropper bottles: Methods, mechanics, and mathematics guides you through steps that can turn your hobby project into a perfume business. Discover how close you are now and how little more you must do to take what you made with essential oils and dropper bottles into a business of your own! For an introduction to this book, watch this video.
When you name a perfume you create a valuable asset – the name itself. To sell your perfume you want the most effective name possible. But a good name can have value beyond the edge it gives your sales. In naming your fragrance you are creating a trademark and a trademark can have value independent of the product. The value of that trademark can vary. Much depends on how well, in naming your perfume, you follow the trademark "rules." How To Create A More Valuable Name For Your Perfume first helps you develop a name that will be effective in selling your perfume. It then prods you to make use of certain techniques that can turn a good name into a great trademark, strong and valuable. If you have questions about how to protect a name, How To Create A More Valuable Name For Your Perfume will answer many such as:
- Can you protect your name yourself or do you need a lawyer?
- Can you register a trademark without a lawyer?
- What does it cost to register a trademark?
- How do I enforce the rights I have established?
How To Create A More Valuable Name For Your Perfume covers both state, federal, and international protection.
For article updates, etc., add your name to Phil's mailing list.