Perfume & Bottle Museums
With the exception of the Osmothique at Versailles, "perfume museums" are collections of bottles. In almost all cases the fragrances they once held have either been washed away or have long since degraded. What is on display is the presentation — the bottle and packaging. Yet bottle and packaging are intimate partners in the commercial success (or failure) of the fragrance.
A research center with a collection of over 3,200 perfumes including 400 which are no longer found. Particularly welcoming to professionals.
- Musée des Arômes et des Parfums
Offers distillation demonstrations.
- Musée International de la Parfumerie
Search their website for perfume-related items.
- Musée de la Parfumerie Fragonard
Focus is on the Fragonard perfumery at Grasse.
- Fragrance Museum Farina-Haus
History of cologne for men.
- Glockengasse Pefume Museum 4711
Featuring 4711 and its history.
- Museu del Perfum
- Powerhouse Museum
Search their catalog for "perfume". Good results!
Our books for perfume developers and marketers are available at Amazon:
- Creating Your Own Perfume With A 1700 Percent Markup!
- Naming Your Perfume And Protecting Your Name
- How To Create A More Valuable Name For Your Perfume
- How To Launch Your Own Perfume Company: A Simple Business Plan
For article updates, etc., add your name to Phil's mailing list.