These are books on perfume development and marketing written by Philip Goutell for visitors to this website:
Available at Amazon:
- How To Launch Your Own Perfume Company : A Simple Business Plan, by Philip Goutell ~~ Here's a practical strategy for developing a profitable perfume business ... if you are willing to set aside your ego and let others take the credit (while you take the cash!)
- Naming Your Perfume And Protecting Your Name, by Philip Goutell ~~ A great name is worth money but few know how to cash in on their names. This guide shows how it is done.
- How To Create A More Valuable Name For Your Perfume, by Philip Goutell ~~ This guide first helps you develop a powerful name for selling your perfume. It then prods you to use certain techniques that can help turn a good name into a valuable trademark.
- Creating Your Own Perfume With A 1700 Percent Markup!, by Philip Goutell ~~ There are more great marketing opportunities out there. Some can be exploited for a few hundred dollars, others can require $20,000 or more. The most lucrative opportunities are in overlooked niche markets. Now you can exploit these highly profitable markets yourself.
Downloads from this website
Perfume topics by other authors
Perfume made without synthetics: complex, beautiful, expensive. An art which few are willing to undertake today.
- Essence and Alchemy: A Book of Perfume, by Mandy Aftel
A well known artisan perfumer reveals a lost art and its mysterious, sensual history. Essence and Alchemy resurrects a social and metaphysical legacy that is entwined with the evolution of perfumery.
- Listening to Scent: An Olfactory Journey with Aromatic Plants and Their Extracts, by Jennifer Rhind
An olfactory journey introduces readers to the pleasures of training the nose and cultivating ones sense of smell. Based on twenty five years experience with essential oils and aromatic plant extracts.
We have all had experiences where aromatherapy has touched our lives, in scents that gave us healing, inspiration, calmness, and even fear. Here are some useful texts on aromatherapy by experts.
- French Aromatherapy: Essential Oil Recipes & Usage Guide, by Jen O'Sullivan
The most comprehensive guide that utilizes the French Aromatherapy method. Over 300 recipes to help the reader better understand and use essential oils.
- The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook for Everyday Wellness, by Nerys Purchon and Lora Cantele
Features 109 oils and 450 remedies. The recipes are easy to follow and generally inexpensive to create. Each entry features the botanical name plus a full description of how and why the oil is extracted and its therapeutic use.
- The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy, by Valerie Ann Worwood
How to use essential oils for healing and wellness. Specific recipes for everything from work stress to head lice to spa treatments for pets.
- Essential Oils: Aromatherapy, by Joy Louis
An overview of the various uses and benefits of essential oils with extraction methods and health issues addressed.
More books on perfume that instruct and stimulate your interest.
- Perfume: Joy, Scandal, Sin - A Cultural History of Fragrance from 1750 to the Present, by Richard Stamelman
Transports readers to 18th century France beginning with Napoleon's love of perfume and the erotic importance he attached to it. Text accompanied by gorgeous imagery, including packaging, labels, and advertisements. Explores perfume's impact on history, culture, society, art, and attitudes.
- Fragrant: The Secret Life of Scent, by Mandy Aftel
"Cinnamon, mint, frankincense, ambergris and jasmine seem to waft from the pages as Aftel interprets their history, mythology and ethereality, providing the reader with a heady literary elixir." — San Francisco Chronicle
- The Ephemeral History of Perfume: Scent and Sense in Early Modern England, by Holly Dugan
An unparalleled study of olfaction in the Renaissance, a period in which new scents and important cultural theories about smell were developed.
- The Secret of Scent: Adventures in Perfume and the Science of Smell, by Luca Turin
Witty, engrossing, and wildly original, Luca Turin explores two competing theories of smell.
- The Perfume of Cyprus: from Pyrgos to François Coty the route of a legendary charm., by Maria Rosaria Belgiorno
Demonstrates the significance of the production and use of perfumes from the Bronze Age to the present with a case study of the wonderful archaeological site of Pyrgos.
- Perfume: The art and craft of fragrance, by Karen Gilbert
A complete introduction to the psychology and science of perfume, with instructions on using and layering scent, and making your own perfumed sprays, oils, and bath and body products.
- Perfume: The Alchemy of Scent, by Jean-Claude Ellena
Perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena shares his methods and his creative thinking processes with us.
- Perfumes: The Guide 2018, by Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez
Over 1,200 individual perfume reviews: masculine, feminine, mainstream and arcane.